Effective: August 24, 2020
References & Anti-plagiarism
- Did you use primary (original research, anecdotes etc.) and secondary sources (scientific reviews etc.)?
- Did you include in-text or parenthetical citations in APA 7th edition format where appropriate to credit the original source?
- Did you compile a “Reference” list according to the Catalyst’s Citation Style?
- Did you provide an in-text or parenthetical citation for every reference on the list of references? If an item is on the list of references, it must be cited within the article text.
- Is it tailored to the understanding of first year science background?
- Is your submission written in the appropriate style or voice for the type of submission? (e.g. “Dear Darwin” follows correspondence style, “Scientific Discovery or Research” is informative, etc.)
- Is it clear when you are presenting a fact, versus stating an opinion or an interpretation?
Word and Page Limit
- Is the text of the article (without images, references, or title) less than or equal to 700 words?
- Is the article written using regular page margins?
- Is the text formatted in size 12, Times New Roman font?
- Is the file in .docx format?
- Did you include your full name, program and year of study under the title?
- Is the e-mail addressed to email@example.com?